I was only halfway watching, and what is going on seems fairly evident.
- John McCain has no desire to address difficult issues, especially the economy.
- Barack Obama has no desire to address difficult issues, especially the economy.
- Barack Obama will be the next President.
- John McCain is the real winner, because he won’t have to deal with these difficult issues.
- Or is Hillary Clinton the real winner?
- So Obama is going to take the heat for the next four years. With higher taxes and more regulation, there will be plenty to take. If you are naive enough to believe that tax increases imposed only on the “rich” aren’t going to affect you, blame your parents, grandfather, or first boss. Mine made sure I knew at an early age which direction shit rolls.
- There may be hope for the Republican Party in the future after the fiasco that is John McCain. He could be the painful, tragic hurricane that wreaks destruction and ultimately gives you the opportunity to rebuild.