Here’s what sucks the most about the suspension of the cash for clunkers program…
- The gov’ment spends time and resources to develop a program to help a struggling industry by giving away “free” money (bad enough).
- The companies in said industry spend time and resources to participate in the program on advertising and compliance.
- *Shock* People actually want free money, and they participate.
- Gov’ment freaks out because something it decided to do is working exactly as you would expect it to–a rare occurrence.
- Gov’ment decides to suspend program, once again changing the rules of how the economy works.
Don’t get me wrong…I’m happy to know that one more subsidy is being axed. Tell me again how we can have stability in a system with unstable parameters.
- What if We Payed Taxes All at Once?
- Fed Plans to Meddle…Again
- How Sad Is It That This Makes Me Happy?