We’re putting together some structure and a website for our local coworking group, and were kicking the idea around about how to include people (or not). I’m a big fan of keeping rules as simple and minimal as possible. I figured eight rules were plenty…apologies to Chuck Palahniuk.
- The first rule of coworking is that you must talk about coworking
- The second rule of coworking is that you MUST TALK ABOUT COWORKING
- If someone brings in a box of donuts or pulls up a cool new website, work is over
- Any number of people can work at any time
- Any number of projects and businesses can be worked on at the same time
- No shirt, no shoes? Well, can you at least throw on a t-shirt and some flip flops?
- Work will go on as long as it has to
- If it’s your first day coworking, you have to work