Cracker Barrel is one of our favorite places to people watch, mostly because you can see every stage of life there. Our trip today did not disappoint. Saturdays usually have the best variety of people because Sundays are dominated by the after church crowd, and weekdays are not as busy and are filled mostly with travelers. Today we saw…
- Teenagers who look like they’d just gotten their driver’s license and were out with friends
- Hungover college students who were looking to cure their ailments with some southern food
- Dating and shacking-up couples who’d probably
sleptstayed in bed late this morning and were just getting up
- Couples like us with young children
- People with older kids–one table looked like they were taking their daughter and her sleepover friend out.
- People who looked like they may have teenagers who were somewhere besides Cracker Barrel
- People who looked like their hungover college kids were eating at a different Cracker Barrel
- Older people who would rather let someone else cool their Saturday breakfast for them
- Really old people who were being taken out to eat by their middle-aged kids.
As always, there were fat and skinny people, black people, white people, brown people, yellow people, bruised people (for real), ugly people, pretty people, but mostly hungry people.Â I should bring my camera everywhere-especially Cracker Barrel.
- Half Full in Knoxville, Half Empty in Nashville
- Dream Connection Radiothon
- Can I Take Your Toddler to Dinner?